Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - Fall is Here!! : )

It is finally here....it's FALL!!! Yesterday was 85, last night it rained, and today we won't see 70. It feels great! I really want to decorate, but also don't want it to look too much like Halloween. This spring will be our first full garden here, so I was outside trying to plan where it will be...and how big. I love fall, but in a few months, I will be trying to rush through winter and get to spring. I am hopeful that after this winter I will be totally self sufficient as far as vegetables and beans. It will be nice to cross all that off the grocery list. And after the 3 days of no electricity two weeks ago, I have learned a valuable lesson about canning vs freezing. I am collecting jars from everywhere so we will be prepared. Maybe now that the weather has cooled off, I will be able to get that chicken coop together.

No comments:

Post a Comment